Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Basic Math

Uh oh,
Here we go again.
I'm fed up arguing about your friends.
I mean, they never had your back like I do.
And when the going got rough some of them went poof.
Vanished into thin air.
And I'm tired of acting like I don't care.
This is why if you can't step up to your pals.
I'm sorry baby girl, you and me can't get down.
I left all the drama in the rearview.
And I'm no longer looking back that's just not smart to do.
So embrace the future and let the past build you.
It's your foundation for a world of hope, I thought you knew?
Switch gears and speed off on the doubt.
And anything else that follows like a dark cloud.
They say we sound better than you and me.
So excuse my french, but if they ask if you're mine I reply “oui, oui”.
So the bottom line is,
If you're really about us you might have to minus,
To add these blessings that are bound to multiply.
Let's chase our dreams together and never divide.