Wednesday, June 27, 2018

What's Your Favorite Love CD?

Lost in a pool of regret.
A feeling I would never expect.
Dodging the scrutiny, hoping for the best.
Nostalgia often comforts, but now it's a threat.
My mind steady under duress.
It's the thoughts of you that I have to keep in check.
Went through my phone and deleted all our pictures.
Getting your image out of my mind comes next.
Dammit, I need a checklist.
Why is my imagination sometimes reckless?
This is a ride with no restraints, the journey might get hectic.
A period of growth isn't always so easy.
Happy thoughts always seem to tease me.
They come and go when they want and the rush leaves me cheesy.
It has me putting on all my love CDs.
Like a meal so greasy,
It tasted good but it was hard for you to leave me.
Now I'm aiming for a mindset that stays on motivated.
Love is in the air and I swear I can taste it.