Sunday, September 18, 2016

Hopes up

Let your guard down and put a smile up.
I know life's hard and decisions can be tough.
So the choice is yours to let me bring you joy. This is not a game or another ploy.
The truth is you were on my mind all day.
So when you didn't choose me I had nothing to say.
Sure, hey lets be friends, okay.
I can take it, just smile through the pain. Cringe at the sound of your name.
Maybe I need a syringe to the vein.
Get doped up cause I got my hopes up.
How am I supposed to talk to you without getting choked up? Luckily I've been through worse. I remember the way we used to flirt. Our hugs were always tight and we would always text late at night. Got me thinkin' about the future and what could happen. Sadly my best memory of you is seeing you laughin'. If I ever get the ball in my court I know I won't pass it.