Thursday, September 24, 2015

Repetition

There you go again. Got me shaking my head... there you go again. Conforming to this life of sin. You're not the same one I remember from way back when. When you fell asleep at nine o'clock just to wake up at six and go hard all day non stop. I admired from a distance just giving you props. I used to think you wanted to reach the top. Hey, things change. And you're insane if you remain the same. I understand you have to play the game, but all so you don't have to bear the pain? I still recall the way you said my name. I'm still ashamed. Yeah, I'm still ashamed. Cause no amount of success would alleviate the days we put to waste. As the sun sets and the clouds pass its you on my mind. The wind blows, the leaves fall and I'm out of time. Take a shot, how bout nine? Here's a shot, how bout nine? Remember when you were mine? Or are those memories to hard find? One more shot, there goes nine. We became strangers last month but I guess it's fine.